A Day in Jackson Hole- What to do, Where to go?December 24, 2020
You have a lot to do and see so get an early start to your day. First you will need morning fuel. Grab a bite of breakfast at one of our top choices below.
- Silver Dollar Bar & Grill for a sit down breakfast with all your classic menu items.
- Cowboy Coffee for breakfast on the go and amazing coffee.
- Persephone Bakery is another great option known for their house made artisanal breads and pastries.
After breakfast, your options can vary from season to season. In the winter, we would recommend either skiing our world class ski resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort or renting a pair of snowshoes and exploring Grand Teton National Park, which is located just 5 minutes from town. You will be in awe of the sights in the shadows of the Tetons. Don't forget to bring your camera!
In the summer season we would recommend either booking a whitewater trip or enjoying a bike ride or hike in grand Teton National Park. If biking, you can follow the pathway system in town which takes you directly towards the Grand Teton National Park. If hiking around, below are a few of our favorite hiking trails.
- Jenny Lake Loop and Inspiration Point
- Phelps Lake Trail
- Cascade Canyon Trail to Lake Solitude
You have worked up quite an appetite, now it is time to enjoy lunch. If leaving Grand Teton National Park, be sure to stop by and have lunch at Dornan’s. With the best views in the valley, Dornan’s is the place to view the Tetons after your morning activities.
There is still time to squeeze in another activity before dinner. In the winter, we would suggest signing up for an Sleigh Ride in the National Elk Refuge. Climb into a horse drawn sleigh that takes you for a ride onto the National Elk Refuge, which is home to the largest Migrating Elk Herd in North America. It’s an amazing and exciting way to learn about the area’s wildlife.
In the summer, we would recommend either booking a horse back riding tour or visiting our town hill, Snow King Mountain for a little adventure. Snow King offers a scenic chairlift ride to the top of the mountain where you will have stunning views of the valley, town and the Tetons. If you have a fear of heights, Snow King also offers a Mountain Coaster, Alpine Slide, Mini-Golf, a Maze and more!
Jackson Hole has a wide variety of dining options, from fine-dining to local hangouts. There is something for everyone. Below are a few of our favorite options.
- Local is located right next door to us and offers both classic and specialty cuts of locally-ranched meats and game alongside fresh seafood, shellfish, house-ground burgers, and seasonally-inspired food.
- Bin22 is a great option for wine lovers. The restaurant is located in the back of a wine shop and offers family style dining with large tapas meals.
- Roadhouse Brewing is a local brewery that also offers a Pub & Eatery. Roadhouse is located right on the Town Square.
HIT THE TOWN FOR LIVE MUSIC
Every amazing day in Jackson ends with a night at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. When you enter grab a "seat" at the bar which are actually genuine saddle bar stools. Order a drink off our menu and enjoy live country western music on the stage. View our music schedule here.
Whatever you end up doing while in Jackson, we hope your night ends with us!